I love his analysis and I hope you do too.
I am shocked! I think I have discovered one of the reasons there is such discord between Christ followers and unbelievers. We have wildly different definitions of words.
First this is how the words are defined to the world (from Merriam Webster):
- strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties
- attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers
- affection based on admiration,, or common interests
- intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury
- extreme dislike or antipathy
- an object of hatred
And this is how I have always understood them to be defined:
Love, whether used of God or man, is an earnest and anxious desire for and an active and beneficent interest ins the well-being of the one loved.
The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia.
Hatred: A feeling of strong antagonism and…
View original post 601 more words